Happy National Coffee Day! xo, c+i
Time for a c+i Trend Report. Today’s topic? Eclectic, always-chic Bohemia! When it comes to this haute Fall trend, are you a Chloe or an Isabel? For the fearless fashionistas (in our circles, a ‘Chloe’): be bold in an of-the-moment fringed kimono layered with our Trésors Chain + Pavé Necklace Set + Bouquet Rouge Long Pendant Necklace. For a more polished look (say, for a classic ‘Isabel’), add a touch of whimsy to this season’s basic boho tee with our Bouquet Rouge Statement Earrings.
Fall has officially arrived here at The Nest, and to celebrate, we invited Summer’s top two Merchies to c+i HQ for a little taste of autumn in the Big Apple!
Merchandiser Ericka Hostler + Merchandise Manager Gina Lukas of #TeamNorthwest enjoyed an all-expenses-paid visit to NYC, including dinner on the town with Founder + CEO Chantel Waterbury, a custom blow-out at Drybar, and an in-house photoshoot! We caught up with the dynamic duo about their NYC adventure, c+i Fall faves, and what inspires them most:
- c+i: How’d you feel when you heard that your performance had earned you a trip to c+i headquarters?
Gina: Overwhelmed with emotion. You work so hard towards a goal + when you achieve it, you are just blown away!
Ericka: I was hired by c+i the month before the incentive started, so I felt very accomplished that I had already reached such a level of success with the company.
- c+i: What was the highlight of your NYC trip?
Gina: Dinner with founder + CEO Chantel, Ericka, + baby Coco! I love that I was part of a successful entrepreneur trio…that shut a down a restaurant engrossed in conversation about female empowerment, the future of c+i, inspiration, goals, baby names…+ so much more.
Ericka: Getting to meet my Merchandise Manager Gina Lukas…Also, meeting all the lovely people at the corporate office helped me realize that I am a part of something bigger – this is an amazing company!
- c+i: What’s your favorite part about being a c+i Merchandiser?
Gina: The Merchandiser community! The beautiful jewelry is just a bonus. The friendships + inspirational stories that happen through the Merchandiser experience are life-changing.
Ericka: Getting to be social + building genuine relationships with people, while looking fabulous!
- c+i: What inspires you?
Gina: I do all that I do for my family – giving my boys the best family life is what drives me. I want to be a part of their everyday + c+i affords me that. Plus, I truly love the entrepreneurial spirit + am blessed that I can nurture that part of myself with my sisters from c+i.
Ericka: My daughter Coco inspires me! In her 11 months of life, she has touched more lives + conquered more things that I thought possible. She inspires me not to limit myself!
- c+i: What advice do you have for entrepreneurial women thinking about launching their own businesses?
Gina: Don’t overthink it! Keep it simple. Be positive! Think + surround yourself ONLY with positivity – it’s the secret sauce.
Ericka: This is your business + you are the only one in control. Work hard + you will see the reward.
- c+i: What’s your favorite piece from our Fall 2014 collection, Botanica?
Gina: I’m usually drawn to ring stacks, but this time my favorite piece is the Beau Monde Long Pendant Necklace.
Ericka: The Bouquet Rouge Stackable Rings! They are simple, gorgeous, + a great price!
Who will be the next winners to take NYC by storm? Stay tuned for more exclusive Q+A’s with our #candifamily superstars!
To celebrate our new Birthstones by c+i collection (+ in-office birthdays!), we’re sitting down for monthly Q+A sessions with members of our HQ #candifamily! To kick off the festivities, we chatted with our Community Engagement Manager + September birthday girl, Mallorie Corcoran.
- When is your birthday? September 19 (that’s today!)
- How long have you been with the company? Two and a half years
- What is your favorite part about working at c+i? The c+i Merchandiser community! Witnessing our incredible group of fearless entrepreneurs inspire + empower each other on a daily basis is a beautiful thing!
- What do you love most about your birthstone, sapphire? It represents loyalty! Being loyal to my friends, family, + career has always been important to me! Not to mention, sapphire is also the perfect go-to for day or night styling — perfect for the fashionista in me!
Our favorite way to top off an autumn #armsoirée? With wine red nail polish from #Birchbox! We’re filling up on this Fall beauty trend + aren’t afraid to admit it! The rich bordeaux hue perfectly plays up the tonal berry notes of our Botanica collection favorites! Plan your grape escape today:
Plus, there’s still time to redeem our exclusive #candifamily offer! Receive 100 extra Birchbox Points (worth $10 in the Birchbox Shop!) with the purchase of a subscription through September 30. Simply enter promo code BBPLUS100 at checkout: http://birch.ly/1rY5g4q
Searching for that go-to tote to carry you through Fall (+ beyond!)? Look no further! We’ve teamed up with our friends at Dagne Dover to bring you a get-one-give-one sweepstakes that celebrates the foundation of both of our brands – friendship and female empowerment. Ten lucky winners will receive two everyday totes (one for you and one for a friend!), plus the c+i Merchandisers who referred those ten winners will each win a $265 Dagne Dover gift card!
Enter by October 15th on our exclusive sweepstakes page, hosted by Dagne Dover on Facebook: http://bit.ly/1q8vZMz
Who says the sidewalk can’t be a runway? With New York Fashion Week winding down, we’re paying homage to those fashionistas not found grazing the catwalks of top designers!
Although there’s no shortage of excitement inside Lincoln Center, #NYFW has become as much about what’s unfolding just outside! To wrap it up, we’re bringing you our favorite seen-on-the-street looks:
- Fashion influencer Amber Venz Box embracing the Fall menswear trend in tailored gray suiting
- Our very own in-house trendsetter Mallorie Corcoran looking casual-chic in cut-off denim, red pumps, + a touch of sparkle from our Bouquet Rouge Long Pendant Necklace
- NYC fashion blogger + stylist Joy Adaézé’s true blue denim style statement
- c+i fashion director Jordan topping off her trés bien jeans + tee with our Color Code Plum Three-Row Necklace
And with that, it’s time to say au revoir, Fashion Week!
The best part about Birthstones by c+i? These versatile earrings perfectly complement our Fall 2014 Botanica favorites! When styling these studs, don’t be afraid to mix it up with a pair other than your birth-month. Be adventurous – go garnet, aim for amethyst, or explore emerald to get the head-to-toe look you’re after!
Shop our expert pairings + find your perfect Fall set today: http://bit.ly/1lQZDWy