We’re in love with a new summer trend that we’ve seen take hold of the runways and has now become a street style favorite. There are so many ways to wear a head scarf, which we showed you last week on the blog.
Today, we found this great video courtesy of BellaSugar with seven step-by-step tips for mastering the retro-chic head scarf look. Watch the video after the jump to find the head scarf style that’s right for you.
Feeling extra-inspired by author Joan Didion today—who aside from her wise words to live by, has lived an extraordinary, inspiring life!
With c+i Merchandisers all over the country, we have access to awesome cities we’ve never been to simply by tapping into our Merchandisers’ Instagram photos. Jenny Chon’s stellar pictures intrigued us so much we wanted a peek into what her life is like in San Francisco, California. She takes us on a tour through the Golden City by telling us the best local spots to shop, to hike, and to escape the tourists.
Our freshly-launched summer collection is filled with high-wattage florals—and to go along with the theme, we think these DIY flower candle holders are just what we need for summer entertaining. These candle holders add a colorful floral flair for pop-up parties, outdoor bbqs, and whatever occasion you choose to spice up. Check out At The Treehouse for directions!
A recent feature in Paris Vogue inspired a maritime aesthetic that helped tie together our Summer 2013 Retro Riviera collection. Naturally, we found sea-appropriate must-haves that will help carry us through the summer, whether or not we make it beyond the shores!
1. Maritime Knot and Anchor Studs, $22. Add nautical charm to your summer style with this maritime mismatch in antique silver plating. chloeandisabel.com
2. Anchor Beach Bag, $28. A large enough tote for all of the accoutrements needed for a day out on the water. Fatface.com
3. Linen Tropical Love Tee, $45. A whimsical crustacean-and-tropical fruit-inspired print for a reliable summer tee, lightweight enough for hot days. Madewell.com
4. Canvas Striped Shoe, $69. A classic French shoe that is as functional as it is chic, that can be easily folded and tossed in a tote. Frenchtrotters.com
5. Linnea’s Lights Candle, Sea Salt, $30. If you don’t make it out to sea, bring the sea to your home with the smell of ocean breeze captured in a candle. Shopterrain.com
6. Patti Goes to Paris, $130. The name says it all—for that American girl in Paris — Retro-Parisian sunnies that can be worn from boat to beach to street. Lookmatic.com
Our Retro Riviera summer collection has arrived! Introducing a collection filled with punchy florals, high-wattage brights, and seaside stunners. Shop the collection now!
With summer around the corner, we are looking at chic trends that we plan on rocking through the warm weather months. One of the best trends we’re adopting is what we saw all over the runways and all over the blogosphere—head scarves! It’s an easy way to add more color and print into your wardrobes. It’s a cute retro look that we are excited to bring back. And without revealing too much— colorful head scarves will go fabulously with our summer collection.
Holly Stefanko wowed us with her unique approach to styling her day-to-day looks. She’s a true fashionista at heart and expertly mixes-and-matches her wardrobe with our jewelry to capture the hippie-chic aesthetic. Since joining the team, she’s become a mentor to the rest of our Merchandiser community—eagerly sharing selling tips and fashion wisdom. It’s no wonder she has quickly risen the ranks to become a Merchandise Manager. Read on to find out what she and Jimi Hendrix have in common, and why she considers herself a “Chloebel.”
The cat’s out of the bag—we’ve finally revealed the theme of our highly-anticipated summer collection.
“Retro Riviera” is our vision of the perfect summer spent soaking in the sun on the beaches of the French Riviera and vacationing along the Mediterranean coastline. Everything about this dream trip is saturated with punchy florals, bright colors, and old Hollywood glam. We designed our collection with these fabulous starlets in mind, wearing their tortoise shell cat eye glasses, heads wrapped in colorful scarves, lips painted in a bright orange-red hue. What a contrast to the backdrop of sandy white shores and crystal clear waters.
As we count down to the collection launch (May 15th), we’d like to some of our favorite things right now, in the spirit of our “Retro Riviera” collection:
(Clockwise from top)