For the makers: we’ve got your next DIY-to-try! Our easy-to-make Leaf Jewelry Bowls are the perfect way to display your new c+i jewels in Fall fashion! Whether you’re hosting a Botanica pop-up or simply searching for a stylish storage solution to dazzle your dresser, this versatile craft project will add that touch of autumn you didn’t know you were missing! Read on for the step-by-step tutorial:
Leaf Jewelry Bowls
- Air-dry clay
- Clay rolling mat
- Clay rolling pin
- Aluminium foil
- Your favorite leaves
Step By Step
- Roll out a handful of clay to 1/4” thickness. Use flour if clay becomes stuck to rolling mat or pin.
- Place a leaf vein side down onto the clay. Use rolling pin to carefully create an imprint in the clay.
- Lift clay off of the mat with leaf still in place. Trim excess clay around the outline of the leaf.
- Make a bowl of aluminum foil, gently mold the clay around it to create a bowl, then peel off the leaf.
- Allow to dry overnight on a flat surface. Once dry, place your favorite c+i jewels inside.
And just like that, you’ve turned over a new leaf!
Though the end of Summer is fast approaching (les sigh), we’ve got just the thing to help ease your transition into Fall! How does 25% off our top-selling Summer styles sound? Now’s the time to snatch up that Jardin Majorelle must-have, or that Tangier showstopper you’ve been eyeing all season long!
Shop our while-supplies-last Labor Day Sale here, now through Monday, September 1 at 11:59pm PST. But hurry, if we’ve learned anything from our last sale, it’s that the early bird gets the #candi!
Here at The Nest, there are few things we enjoy more than Fall in NYC! We can’t wait for the crisp autumn air, the leaves transitioning to rich earthen tones, and, of course, gathering ‘round a c+i pop-up with our dearest friends!
Hit play on our Botanica mix, relax, and cozy up alongside good company with some spiced cider and Fall jewels. Just like our latest collection, our Botanica playlist was curated with one of our main sources of inspiration in mind – nature!
Plans this weekend? What better way to celebrate the launch of our new Fall 2014 Botanica collection than with a pop-up? Think of our tips below as a field guide to making your display the talk of the town:
- Arrange florals in this season’s palette of bright berries + blues. When in doubt, use the hues of our Fall jewels as your color guide!
- Go green: succulents are not only on-trend this season, but they can also double as cute party favors for your guests!
- Capture that light + airy feeling by laying down a crisp, off-white linen table cloth. Your jewels will pop!
- Get creative with your props: think shabby chic wooden crates, colored glass bottles, + Mason jars. (Insider tip: Be sure to scour your local thrift store for hidden treasures!)
- Don’t forget to snap a pic and #chloeandisabel + #Botanica!
For more pop-up perfect tips, visit our Fall Pop-ups Pinterest Board: http://bit.ly/Vd8R38
Introducing our Fall 2014 collection, Botanica! Inspired by the flora + fauna of autumn, you’ll find an array of abstract florals, geometric stone shapes, + colorful crystal clusters in the rich berries + blues of the season. Get back to nature + explore our new collection today: http://bit.ly/VEGCu8.
Launching oh-so-soon (tonight at 10pm EST!), our Fall 2014 collection focuses on one of our main sources of design inspiration – nature. Are you ready to experience the rich hues + vintage-inspired designs of Botanica?
Here at The Nest, we love receiving our monthly beauty boxes from #Birchbox! With the option to add an eye-catching piece of c+i jewelry, this month’s was an extra special delivery – we could hardly wait to open it! Read on for the 411 on the big reveal:
What’s in our August box: our new, exclusive-to-Birchbox, Modern Angle Pendant Necklace (available for purchase in the Birchbox shop!) // Nexxus® Color Assure Pre-Wash Primer, Shampoo + Conditioner // Noir Cosmetics Long-Wear Eyeliner // Supergoop!® Forever Young Hand Cream with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 40 // Vasanti Cosmetics Detox Nutrient-Rich Purifying Facial Cleanser // ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer. The best part? All items from August’s box listed above are available for purchase at www.birchbox.com!
Special offer: exclusively for our #candifamily, receive 100 extra Birchbox Points (worth $10 in the Birchbox Shop!) with the purchase of a subscription. Simply enter promo code BBPLUS100 at checkout through September 30: http://birch.ly/1rY5g4q
With less than a week left ‘til the launch of our Fall 2014 Botanica collection, it’s almost time to turn over a new (style) leaf + begin to transition your wardrobe for autumn! Can’t wait ‘til then? Shop our Fall Preview + get a special glimpse of eye-catching jewels to take your look to new heights: http://bit.ly/1AgKyke. Ready. Set. Sparkle!
Pictured: our Limited Edition Papillon Nocturne Statement Necklace, the Modern Convertible Torsade Necklace + the pre-Fall Color Code Plum Statement Bracelet.